Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Logo Central America Link

Colombia’s Ecopetrol sets up subsidiary in Mexico

Wednesday, August 23, 2017


Ecopetrol has been increasingly eyeing offshore exploration in the Caribbean and Gulf of Mexico, and Colombia’s state-controlled oil and gas company has now finalized the establishment of its Mexico City-based subsidiary.

Ecopetrol is the sole owner of the new offshoot, ECP Hidrocarburos México. Ecopetrol Global Energy, a subsidiary incorporated in Spain, holding 99 percent of the shares and the U.S.-incorporated Ecopetrol America holding the remaining 1 percent.

Source: Finance Colombia