Monday, August 2, 2021

Logo Central America Link

Costa Rica to stop unlimited mobile internet

Friday, June 6, 2014


 

Costa Rica's telecoms authority, Sutel, is planning to eliminate unlimited mobile internet usage, Costa Rican daily La República reported.

Operators argue that 5 percent of their users abused the service, saturating their networks and affecting the other 95 percent.

The country's three operators, state-owned ICE's Kölbi, Telefónica's Movistar and América Móvil's Claro began to limit data usage to 6 gigabytes per month.

Full story (in Spanish)