Costa Rican hospital is fifth best
Leading technology and high standards of patient care helped privately-operated Hospital Clinica Biblica of San Jose, Costa Rica, rank fifth among Latin American medical centers.
Risk reduction, human capital, medical efficiency and quality control, were some of the indicators were taken into account in the ranking, published last month by América Economía magazine.
First place went to the Albert Einstein Jewish Hospital of Sao Paulo, followed by the German Clinic of Santiago, Chile.
Public and private hospitals in Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Chile, Cuba, Ecuador, Mexico, Panama, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela participated in the survey.
The numbers represent the ranking's Quality Index.
- Albert Einstein Jewish Hospital (Brazil) 94
- German Clinic (Chile) 91
- Santa Fe Foundation (Colombia) 85
- Clínica Las Condes (Chile) 84
- Hospital Clinica Biblica (Costa Rica) 77
- Samaritan Hospital Sao Paulo (Brazil) 76