Sunday, June 13, 2021

Logo Central America Link

More delays mean January date for submissions in Costa Rican mobile tender

Tuesday, November 2, 2010


The awarding of a mobile operator license in Costa Rica has been pushed back again to the middle of next January, marking the latest in a series of delays in breaking the monopoly held by the state-owned Instituto Costarricense de Electricidad.
 
The regulator, Sutel, has previously said that five companies – Cable & Wireless, Telefónica, Claro, Digicel and Millicom – have requested the documents. Sutel said it will submit the applications of three companies to the Executive Branch for review by mid-January 2011.
 
Original source: Cellular-news