Friday, May 7, 2021

Logo Central America Link

Nicaragua: renewable energy

Wednesday, June 8, 2011


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Nicaragua will no longer depend more on thermal energy, by 2017 the country aims to generate 90% of electrical power using renewable sources.

Currently, thermal power produces 66% of the country`'s electricity, only 34% of which comes from renewable sources.

But an expected scarcity of oil in the future, means the country is focusing on renewable energy.

By 2015, with this approach, Nicaragua would generate only 40% of energy from petroleum, while the other 60% comes from wind, geothermal, hydro, solar, and biomass, according to information provided last week by Ernesto Martínez, Chairman of the Nicaraguan public electricity company.

Opportunities

  • Energy companies
  • Consultants
  • Technicians
  • Construction companies
  • Environmentalists