Monday, September 27, 2021

Logo Central America Link

Nicaraguan pharmacies surge by 22 percent to $110 million last year: industry leader

Thursday, January 12, 2012


Growth of Nicaragua's pharmacies showed robust growth last year with revenues of $110 million, said Alberto Locayo, head of the sector's association.

Lacayo said that revenue in 2010 came to $90 million, making last year's growth 22 percent.

"Of the $110 million that the sector earns, 77 percent comes from private-sector pharmacies. The other 23 percent is generated by the state sector," he said.



Original source (in Spanish): El Nuevo Diario