Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Logo Central America Link

Panama seeks to diversify energy sources

Monday, May 19, 2014


Panama is seeking to diversify its energy sources, and announced there are currently renewable energy projects worth $4.9 billion being developed in the country.

Hydroelectric plants currently account for 60 percent of the country's electricity, and the remaining 40 percent is generated by thermal power plants.

Panama has been affected by its dependency on hyrdopower in the past five years, due to drought that has lowered the country's water reserves.


Source (in Spanish): Panamá América