Saturday, September 21, 2019

Logo Central America Link

Unilever plant in El Salvador to be expanded by 33 percent

Tuesday, July 26, 2011


\ Capacity of the detergents plant of Unilever in El Salvador will be increased by 33 percent from now to 2014, plant managers say.\ \ The plant currently produces 75,000 metric tons of detergents a year, of which 94 percent is distributed in El Salvador and the rest of Central America. The other 6 percent is exported to the Dominican Republic. The plant was certified this year by the Japanese Plant Maintenance Institute. The certification indicates that it is the most efficient manufacturing plant in Central America and the Caribbean.\ \ Original source (in Spanish): Elsalvador.com\ \ \ \ \ \